Lonely Planet Budapest is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore the statues and monuments that fill the Royal Palace, relax in a thermal bath, or see the bridges that connect Buda and Pest; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Budapest and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Budapest Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience – including history, art, literature, music, architecture, and politics
- Free, convenient pull-out Budapest map (included in print version), plus over 25 colour neighbourhood maps
- Useful features – including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), With Kids, and Day Trips
- Coverage of Obuda, Buda Hills, Castle District, Gellert Hill, Taban, Belvaros, Parliament, Margaret Island, Northern Pest, Erzsebetvaros, the Jewish Quarter, Southern Pest, City Park, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Budapest, our most comprehensive guide to Budapest, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Hungary guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.