Don’t let a dodgy burrito bring you down. Stay happy and healthy tripping through Central and South America with this indispensable guide. Get advice on Immunisations and medical kits, plus all those health tips that’ll keep you raring to go.
- how to treat common travel illnesses
- guidelines on coping with high altitude
- how to recognise and avoid wildlife hazards like leeches, piranhas and tarantulas
- illustrated guide to traditional medicine
- comprehensive first-aid section
Lonely Planet gets you to the heart of a place. Our job is to make amazing travel experiences happen. We visit the places we write about each and every edition. We never take freebies for positive coverage, so you can always rely on us to tell it like it is.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Dr. Tony Gherardin, and Dr. Isabelle Young.