Lonely Planet: The world’s leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet St Petersburg is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Experience imperial Russia and the world of the tsars, immerse yourself in art and culture at the Hermitage and the Russian Museum, or party through the sunlight northern lights; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of St Petersburg and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s St Petersburg Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, art, literature, music, architecture, performing arts, St Petersburg today
- Covers the Historic Heart, Sennaya, Kolomna, Smolny, Vosstaniya, Vasilyevsky Island, Petrograd Side, Vyborg Side, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet St Petersburg, our most comprehensive guide to St Petersburg, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for just the highlights of St Petersburg? Check out Pocket Moscow & St Petersburg, a handy-sized guide focused on the can’t-miss sights for a quick trip. Travelling further afield? Check out Lonely Planet’s Russia guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer; Moscow for a guide to the city’s most popular attractions, and Trans-Siberian Railway, focused on the can’t-miss sights for a trip of a lifetime.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world’s leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.